- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- 10 PA's Per Week
- Yeovil District Hospital
- £79,860 - £107,668 per annum
- 28/01/2020 23:59
I’m delighted that you’re thinking about joining the team here at Yeovil Hospital, recently rated the best Trust in the NHS for staff health and wellbeing.
Working in the NHS is both challenging and rewarding. That’s why we’re committed to giving our staff the best possible balance between a stimulating career and a relaxing personal life, enabling you to make the most of our picturesque surroundings and arrive at work energised each day.
Looking after you helps you look after our patients, and enables us to achieve some of the best performance in the NHS. For instance, we are regularly one of the top-three hospitals in England for emergency care, and we have a global reputation for research and development, and innovative partnerships with primary care.
If this is your first role in the NHS, we’ll show you why we’re one of the most respected healthcare systems in the world. And if you’re joining us from another Trust, we’ll remind you why you wanted to work in healthcare in the first place.
I look forward to working with you
Jonathan Higman, Chief Executive
Thank you for your interest in the role of Consultant in Stroke with General Medicine.
Our stroke team, led by Dr.Rashed MBE, has an excellent reputation with the Stroke Sentinel National Audit Programme (SSNAP) team and our rating is consistently very good; we currently provide the following stroke services:
- 4 Hyperacute and 12 Acute stroke inpatient beds
- 24/7 stroke Thrombolysis supported by the AGWS stroke network. Our thrombolysis rate is consistently around 20%
- Dedicated TIA Clinics
- Expert stroke support to the state-of-the-art, purpose built 16 bed stroke unit at the newly reopened South Petherton Community Hospital (SPCH).
What makes us special?
- 40% of our patients are supported through Early Supported Discharge scheme
- We have a 12 week specialised post discharge rehabilitation gym based clinic; ASPIRE
- We are the highest recruiting small DGH for Stroke Research
- Our rapid access TIA clinic has been running since 2004 providing rapid assessment with agreed protocols for brain imaging (MRI) and carotid imaging
- Our CNS team led by a Nationally recognised Nurse Consultant provide a 7 day service
- We have a dedicated Stroke data analyst for SSNAP data input, stroke activity analysis and development/maintenance of a comprehensive stroke intranet site
- Our excellent working relationship with our Tertiary Centre has led to 11 patients in the last year referred for thrombectomy
- Our mullti-disciplinary training programme supported by ex-patients, enables our junior staff to gain essential clinical experience in a non-threatening environment
- We have an excellent working relationship with our MDT including clinical psychology, Orthoptics, Speech and Language Therapy and OT/PT
We really value the impact that you as a Consultant will have on our patients and services; we therefore offer an enhanced benefits package (subject to criteria) which includes:
- Welcome to Yeovil payment.
- A generous relocation package, including Visa and travel costs.
- 10 hours of paid time for professional development every week.
- £700 personal budget for training and development every year.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).