- General Medicine, Gastroenterology
- NHS Medical & Dental: Associate Specialist
- 11 PA’s Per Week inclusive of on call commitment
- Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- £56,133 - £92,401 per annum
- 28/01/2020 23:59
I’m delighted that you’re thinking about joining the team here at Yeovil Hospital, recently rated the best Trust in the NHS for staff health and wellbeing.
Working in the NHS is both challenging and rewarding. That’s why we’re committed to giving our staff the best possible balance between a stimulating career and a relaxing personal life, enabling you to make the most of our picturesque surroundings and arrive at work energised each day.
Looking after you helps you look after our patients, and enables us to achieve some of the best performance in the NHS. For instance, we are regularly one of the top-three hospitals in England for emergency care, and we have a global reputation for research and development, and innovative partnerships with primary care.
If this is your first role in the NHS, we’ll show you why we’re one of the most respected healthcare systems in the world. And if you’re joining us from another Trust, we’ll remind you why you wanted to work in healthcare in the first place.
I look forward to working with you
Jonathan Higman, Chief Executive
Thank you for your interest in the role of Trust Associate Specialist in Gastroenterology and General Medicine
Our Gastroenterology team (4 Consultants and 7 Specialist Nurses) currently provide the following inpatient and outpatient services:
- Inflammatory bowel disease supported by 2 CNS’ who run face to face and telephone follow-up clinics.
- Hepatology including treatment of Hepatitis B & C patients and use of fibroscans.
- Substance misuse supported by a unique experienced nurse specialist prescriber recognised at National level.
- Nutrition supported by 2 CNS’ and twice weekly Consultant led nutritional rounds undertaken.
- Upper & Lower GI conditions.
- ERCP’s undertaken by 2 Consultant physicians twice weekly.
- GP Advice and Guidance provided via Consultant Connect.
Our joint venture with our subsidiary company Daycase UK is leading the way in providing world-class care to our Endoscopy patients.
We really value the impact that you as a Trust Associate Specialist will have on our patients and services; we therefore offer an enhanced benefits package which includes:
- Welcome to Yeovil Payment.
- A generous relocation package, including Visa and travel costs. (Subject to eligibility criteria).
- 10 hours of paid time (2.5 SPA) for professional development every week.
- £700 personal budget for training and development every year.
- Great opportunities for career progression and research.
- A friendly, welcoming hospital in beautiful south west England.
- A diverse workforce of 62 nationalities.
- Rated the best Trust in the NHS for staff health and wellbeing.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr. J Gotto, Consultant in Gastroenterology and Clinical Director of Medicine.