Consultant Physician with an interest in Respiratory
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- General Medicine-Respiratory
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Full time - 10 sessions per week (Working the On Call General Medicine Rota)
- Yeovil Hospital
- £82,096 - £110,683 per annum
- 16/06/2021 23:59
I’m delighted that you’re thinking about joining the team here at Yeovil Hospital, recently rated the best Trust in the NHS for staff health and wellbeing.
Working in the NHS is both challenging and rewarding. That’s why we’re committed to giving our staff the best possible balance between a stimulating career and a relaxing personal life, enabling you to make the most of our picturesque surroundings and arrive at work energised each day.
Looking after you helps you look after our patients, and enables us to achieve some of the best performance in the NHS. For instance, we are regularly one of the top-three hospitals in England for emergency care, and we have a global reputation for research and development, and innovative partnerships with primary care.
If this is your first role in the NHS, we’ll show you why we’re one of the most respected healthcare systems in the world. And if you’re joining us from another Trust, we’ll remind you why you wanted to work in healthcare in the first place.
I look forward to working with you
Jonathan Higman, Chief Executive
Applications are invited for a full-time, permanent position or a fixed term position. The successful candidate will join a friendly, enthusiastic and forward-thinking team.
We would welcome hearing from applicants who are interested in any sub speciality of respiratory especially the development of the pleural service here at YDH or developing the Acute Respiratory Higher Care provision . This will be fully supported by the respiratory team and the Trust. Please state this clearly on your application form and CV.
Main duties of the job
The department of respiratory medicine has two full-time consultants. Appointment to this post will increase the total consultant time to 3.0 WTE. Each consultant is supported by a medical secretary. There is a very good complement of ten specialist respiratory nurses equivalent to seven WTE. They support both inpatient and outpatient services in a wide range of respiratory conditions including lung cancer, TB, COPD, asthma and sleep. The thoracic surgery support is provided by Bristol. Our clinical investigation department provides full lung function testing on-site and there is a well-equipped endoscopy suite where bronchoscopy sessions are conducted on a weekly basis.
Working for our organisation
Yeovil District Hospital has enjoyed a stable and successful history, trusted and respected by our patients, staff and commissioners. We have been repeatedly rated as one of the top-10 healthcare employers in the country, a leading-light in global stroke research and development, and attracted national interest in our iCARE model, which has established the principles of exemplary patient care experience within our hospital.
We are a modern hospital in pleasant countryside only two hours from London and less than one hour from the nearest coast.
We really value the impact that you will have on our patients and services; we therefore offer an enhanced benefits package (subject to criteria) which includes:
- Welcome to Yeovil Payment
- A generous relocation package, including Visa and travel costs
- 10 hours of paid time for professional development every week
- £700 personal budget for training and development every year
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Applicants must have recent General Medicine experience as you will be required to work the General Medicine On Call rota.
You should be fully registered with the GMC and hold a licence to practice. Applicants must have entry on the GMC Specialist Register via CCT (proposed CCT date must be within six months of the interview date), or CESR .
- MBBS and MRCP or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration with a licence to practise
- Entry on the GMC Specialist Register via: CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview date) CESR European Community Rights
- Depth and breadth of experience in General Internal Medicine and Respiratory Medicine following completion of approved STR training programme or equivalent.
- Experience in a special interest that will compliment those existing in the department
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
- Willingness and ability to fulfil the key elements of the job description
- Ability to cope with the demands of a DGH based Consultant
- Ability to lead and develop the service
- Ability to develop effective working relationships on an individual, multiprofessional and team basis with all levels of staff
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Phil Raines
- Job title
- Consultant in Respiratory Medicine
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01935 384747
- Additional information
For further information please contact Dr Phil Raines, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine at Yeovil Hospital on 01935 384747.
For information regarding our enhanced Benefits Package please contact:
Carol Gill, Medical Recruitment Officer via email: email@example.com