- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- 10 PA's Per Week
- Yeovil District Hospital
- £79,860 - £107,668 per annum
- 28/01/2020 23:59
I’m delighted that you’re thinking about joining the team here at Yeovil Hospital, recently rated the best Trust in the NHS for staff health and wellbeing.
Working in the NHS is both challenging and rewarding. That’s why we’re committed to giving our staff the best possible balance between a stimulating career and a relaxing personal life, enabling you to make the most of our picturesque surroundings and arrive at work energised each day.
Looking after you helps you look after our patients, and enables us to achieve some of the best performance in the NHS. For instance, we are regularly one of the top-three hospitals in England for emergency care, and we have a global reputation for research and development, and innovative partnerships with primary care.
If this is your first role in the NHS, we’ll show you why we’re one of the most respected healthcare systems in the world. And if you’re joining us from another Trust, we’ll remind you why you wanted to work in healthcare in the first place.
I look forward to working with you
Jonathan Higman, Chief Executive
Thank you for your interest in the role of Consultant Gastroenterologist with General Medicine.
Our Gastroenterology team (4 consultants and 7 Specialist Nurses) currently provide the following inpatient and outpatient services:
- Inflammatory bowel disease supported by 2 CNS’ who run face to face and telephone follow-up clinics
- Hepatology including treatment of Hepatitis B & C patients and use of fibroscans
- Substance misuse supported by a unique experienced nurse specialist prescriber recognised at National level
- Nutrition supported by 2 CNS’ and twice weekly Consultant led nutritional rounds undertaken
- Upper & Lower GI conditions
- ERCP’s undertaken by 2 Consultant physicians twice weekly
- GP Advice and Guidance provided via Consultant Connect
Our joint venture with our subsidiary company Daycase UK is leading the way in providing world-class care to our Endoscopy patients.
We really value the impact that you as a Consultant will have on our patients and services; we therefore offer an enhanced benefits package (subject to criteria) which includes:
- Welcome to Yeovil payment.
- A generous relocation package, including Visa and travel costs
- 10 hours of paid time for professional development every week
- £700 personal budget for training and development every year
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further information please contact Dr. J Gotto, Consultant in Gastroenterology and Clinical Director in Medicine at Yeovil Hospital on 07808579888.
For information regarding our enhanced Benefits Package please contact:
Carol Gill, Medical Recruitment Officer via email: email@example.com